Wednesday 30 July 2014

Blackbird

I hear blackbirds all the time - in the dead of night and at the crack of dawn. They punctuate my life experience so regularly that one may fear that they have become mundane and normal. Yet my heart leaps every time I hear one. My mind casts for the notes of a long fabled song as I rise with glee, hearing a message from the Universe, reminded that we are connected, present and happy.

I see them in gardens. They approach me often. In my time, I have sat and philosophised with the greats, Blacky, Yellow Beak, Blackbeard and Grey Feather. All so wise, so immersed in bliss, so ‘all-seeing’. Present and connected they have all had the same message for me, “Wake up and hear my song! You are alive! Rejoice dear child! We are one and you are you. Rejoice!”

I slowly subside back into my seat, my heart resumes its leisurely stroll and I am filled with a renewed sense of peace. What dreams may come as the Blackbird sings his song? What dreams may come?


Artwork by Mr. Doodle

No comments:

Post a Comment